21. The Novice’s Tale (Sister Frevisse, no. 1) by Margaret Frazer. Within the reasonable autumn of your Lord’s elegance 1431, the nuns of England’s St. Frideswide’s get ready for the just ceremonies for which the saintly novice Thomasine will require her holy vows. However their peaceful everyday lives of beauty and prayer are tossed into chaos by the arrival that is merciless of Ermentrude Fenner and her retinue of lusty guys, sinful ladies, and baying hounds. The hard-drinking dowager also keeps a animal monkey on her behalf enjoyment. She demands wine, a feast…
And her niece, the angelic Thomasine.
The girl really wants to enrich by by by herself along with her reputation by organizing a wedding for the devout novice. She cares absolutely absolutely nothing for the despair and panic she results in her.
But all her cruel and cunning schemes are delivered to an abrupt end with strange and a lot of abnormal murder.
As suspicious eyes switch on the pious Thomasine, it falls to Sister Frevisse, hosteler for the priory and detective that is amateur to unravel the webs of unholy passion and dark intrigue that entangle the novice and show her purity… or condemn her.
22. Eggs in Purgatory (Cackleberry Club, number 1) by Laura Childs. Suzanne, Toni, and Petra lose their husbands but find liberty whenever they start the Cackleberry Club. Then their cozy cafe becomes the scene of a criminal activity whenever legal counsel dies with a key on their lips and egg on their face. Just exactly What this all is because of a cult that how to make a woman squirr is religious Suzanne? S past could place her very own life exactly in danger.
23. The Cat, the Quilt while the Corpse (A Cats In Trouble Mystery, number 1) by Leann Sweeney. Jill’s life that is quiet shattered whenever her home is broken into along with her Abyssinian, Syrah, goes lacking. Jill’s convinced her kitty’s been catnapped. However when her cat-crime-solving leads her to a murdered human anatomy, instantly all paws are pointing to Jill.
Quickly, Jill discovers that Syrah is not truly the only purebred who’s been taken. Now she’s got discover these furry felines before all of them end up being the victim of the cold-blooded killer-and she ultimately ends up nabbed for a criminal activity.
24. The Coroner’s Meal (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #1) by Colin Cotterill. Laos, 1978: Dr. Siri Paiboun, a 72-year-old doctor that is medical has unwillingly been appointed the nationwide coroner of this brand brand new socialist Laos. Their lab is underfunded, their employer is incompetent, and their help staff is quirky, as you would expect. But Siri’s love of life gets him through their usually difficult days.
Once the human anatomy associated with the spouse of a politician that is prominent through their morgue, Siri has explanation to suspect the lady happens to be murdered. To make it to the reality, Siri and his team face federal government secrets, spying next-door next-door neighbors, target hauntings, Hmong shamans, botched romances, along with other dangers that are deadly. Somehow, Siri must figure a way out to balance the might regarding the celebration and also the might regarding the dead.
25. Gin & Daggers (Murder, She published, #1) by Jessica Fletcher. Jessica Fletcher is off to London to produce the keynote target at a secret article writers meeting. She’s also looking towards seeing her mentor, Marjorie Ainsworth, who’s hosting an event on the property to celebrate her book that is latest. However a routine company trip becomes murderous business–when Jessica discovers Marjorie stabbed to death inside her own bed room.
26. Really, Madly (Lucy Valentine, # 1) by Heather Webber. Lucy Valentine is really as smart as may be, as single as you are able to get, and thus perhaps maybe maybe perhaps not qualified to operate a matchmaking solution. But whenever her moms and dads temporarily move down through the family members company, Valentine, Inc., it’s Lucy’s check out intensify and assist out—in the title of love.
Plus, her lease flow from. Here’s the nagging issue: Lucy doesn’t have actually the knack for matchmaking. In accordance with family members legend, every Valentine was endowed by Cupid having the ability to read “auras” and pair up perfect partners. Yet not Lucy. Her skills were zapped away years back in an surge that is electrical and today all she will do is find lost things.
Exactly just exactly What good is into the matchmaking globe? You’d a bit surpised. In a populous city like Boston, everyone’s trying to find one thing. When Lucy locates a lacking wedding ring—on a dead body—she asks the sexy personal attention who lives upstairs to simply help her re solve the crime that is perfect. And that knows? Perhaps she’ll get the love that is perfect she’s at it…in Heather Webber’s Really, Madly.
27. The human body within the Belfry (Faith Fairchild number 1) by Katherine Hall Web Page. During her years invested in nyc, Faith Fairchild had been convinced she had seen just about everything. However the transplanted caterer/minister’s wife was unprepared when it comes to shocks waiting for her within the Massachusetts village that is sleepy of.
And she actually is especially astonished by the dead human body of quite a thing that is young discovers stashed in the church’s belfry. The target, Cindy Shepherd, ended up being well-known locally on her behalf acid tongue and her jilted beaux, which created lots of bad bloodstream and much more than a couple of feasible perpetrators — including her luckless fiance, that has neither an alibi nor an easy method to split from the engagement.
Faith believes it is terribly unjust that the police have actually zeroed in in the boyfriend that is hapless therefore she sets away to unearth the reality. But digging too profoundly in to the sordid secrets of a little brand new England town helps make the natives stressed. And a overly wondering big town woman can be yet another tiny city death statistic in really brief purchase.
28. Cloche and Dagger (Hat Shop Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay. Not merely is Scarlett Parker’s love life into the loo—as her British cousin Vivian Tremont would say—it’s additionally gone viral by having a video that is embarrassing. Then when Viv suggests Scarlett keep Florida to lay low in London, she hops in the plane that is next the pond. Viv may be the proprietor of Mims’s Whims, a women’ hat shop on Portobello path bequeathed to both cousins by their beloved grandmother, and she wishes Scarlett to finally join her within the millinery company.
But several shocks await Scarlett in London. First, this woman is met in the airport maybe maybe maybe maybe not by Viv, but by her business that is handsome manager Harrison Wentworth. 2nd, Viv—who has many whims of her own—seems become lacking. Nobody is too worried about the unpredictable Viv until one of her posh customers is located dead putting on the cloche cap Viv designed for her—and nothing else. Is Scarlett’s relative in big trouble? Or perhaps is she in hiding?
29. An idea for the Lady no. 1) by Parnell Hall. Cruciverbalists, rejoice. Grab a pencil and obtain prepared to re re re solve the puzzle–and a puzzling murder–in this lively first of an original amateur detective, skip Cora Felton, the reigning queen of crosswords. Cora’s an eccentric old woman with a nationwide syndicated puzzle column, an irresistible desire to poke into unsettling activities, and a niece who’s determined to help keep her away from trouble. In a slyly amusing and wickedly suspenseful secret, this wonderful heroine takes her very first break at playing sleuth. Just that is fun that is n’t games…. It’s murder.
Violent crime is unusual in small Bakerhaven. If the human anatomy of an teenage that is unknown arises when you look at the neighborhood cemetery, Police Chief Dale Harper finds himself investigating their very very very first homicide. Absolutely absolutely Nothing relating to this situation is easy. A good search that is thorough of criminal activity scene doesn’t expose whom she ended up being, the murder gun, or why the killer left her body in a graveyard minus her footwear. A scrap of paper she carried is apparently a crossword puzzle clue. Could it happen kept because of the killer? If that’s the case, so what does it suggest?
Happily for Harper, Bakerhaven may be the brand new house of skip Cora Felton, the famed “Puzzle Lady” herself, whose crossword that is popular line graces papers nationwide. Yet bringing Cora Felton into this instance could possibly be their many expensive blunder. For though she may seem like someone’s sweet old grandmother, behind those twinkling eyes and therefore slightly mysterious laugh lies a lady with an impressive secret…and some concealed vices. What’s worse, one whiff of secret turns skip Felton as A miss that is modern-day Marple.
Now Cora is snooping through criminal activity scenes, questioning witnesses, and gaining lots of unwelcome attention. It’s simply the type of meddling, mischief-making behavior that drives Chief Harper to distraction and inspires many cross words from her long-suffering niece Sherry. Nevertheless when another human body appears in a murder that hits much closer to home, Cora must find a killer–before she winds up in a black colored package three foot across…and six down.